FAQ & rules of engagement
A lot of information about the race are available in the rules of engagement HERE, that you must have read before starting any of the races on LG Trail.
- If you run LG, LG Relay 2 (1st runner) or LG Relay 4 (1st runner), you can rest in your sleeping bag within 100 meters from the start. Changing rooms of the stadium of Coubertin will be accessible to runners on presentation of their bib. It will not be very comfortable, but always practical to rest a few hours before the start. Showers will also be available.
- In Lausanne, we also have a partnership with Hotel Mövenpick in Lausanne who will offer some discounts on single/double rooms. Call them for more information and for booking
- Also in Lausanne, 500 meters from the start, you can sleep at the Camping Vidy
- In Saint-Cergue, for LG Half Runners of LG Relay 4 and Relay 2, we have a partnership with Hotel de la Poste that will offer your a discount of CHF 10 – Call +41223601212
- In Ferney (France), we have a partnership with Campanile that will offer a discount of 15%
- Still in Ferney (France), we have a partnership with M3 Hotel that will offer a discount of 10%
Registration is open online until 18 September 2019 on the MSO website. You will also have the possibility to register directly on site (in the limit of places available).
Can I cancel my registration?
Optional insurance is available at the time of online registration. This insurance allows the reimbursement of registration fees in case of situations covered by the general conditions available HERE.
No refund will be offered if the participant has not subscribed to this cancellation insurance.
Can I transfer my bib to a friend?
If you are unable to run the race, it is possible to transfer your bib to a friend until 19 September 2019 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating the name, first name and contact information of the person who wants to replace you. We will then tell you how to validate the bib transfer.
You can switch from the LG 120 to the LG Half, but no refund will be made. For this, please send an email to email@example.com before 19 September 2019.
For LG, LG Half, 2nd runner of LG Relay 2, 3rd runner of LG Relay 4 : if you live in France, the medical certificate of no contraindication to the practice of trail in competition or sport license* is mandatory. For all other persons residing in Switzerland or in another country, the certificate is not necessary.
For LG Urban Trail, LG Express, LG Walking, 1st runner of LG Relay 2, all runners of Relay 4 except 3rd runner : the certificate is not necessary for anyone
Find a template of medical certificate HERE
2 long-term car parks are located near the Pierre de Coubertin Stadium : The Samaranch car park (300 meters from the stadium) and the Fontaine de Cuivre car park (500 meters from the stadium).
24 hour rate : CHF 8 (for Saturdays). Not paying on Sunday
All along the track of LG Trail, you will find complete food and drink stations or drink only stations :
Food and drink stations : bananas, oranges, apples, dried apricots, nuts, biscuits, gruyere, dried meat, energy bars and gels, coca-cola, still and sparkling water, energy drink, soap
Drink only stations : still and sparkling water, energy drink, coca-cola
Find all the food and drink stations on the following link : https://tracedetrail.fr/en/trace/trace/76038
Once your registration is finalized and paid, you will be able to define the name of your team and add your teammates by going to the “My registrations” section. Do not forget to register all members of your team before September 19, 2019.
Relay races are only available in the mixed category. However, it is possible to have a 100% male or female team.
- Before the race, the 1st runner leaves his bag to the 2nd runner who will give him back during their relay in Signal de Bougy
- Before joining his/her start location, the 2nd runner can give his bag to the 3rd runner and picks it up at the relay point of Saint-Cergue
- Before joining his/her start location, the 3rd runner can give his bag to the 4th runner and picks it up at the relay point of Chavannes-des-Bois
- The 4th runner can leave his bag directly to the 1st runner who can drop it at the start location in Lausanne. The organisation will organize the transportation of the bag from Lausanne to the finish line in Geneva where the 4th runner will collect it.
Here is the principle for the relay 2 :
- Before the race, the 1st runner leaves his bag to the 2nd runner who will give him back during their relay in Saint-Cergue
- Before 8h30, the 2nd runner can leave his bag to the organization which will carry it at the finish line in Geneva. After 8h30, the 2nd runner leaves automatically his bag to the 1st runner.
If you would like to create a relay team but your team is not complete, you can publish your needs or check the other team needs HERE. Check it out regularly.
- In Lausanne : you will be able to collect the bibs of all races at the stadium Pierre de Coubertin on Friday 20 September from 2 pm to 9 pm (come at 8-8.30 pm for LG Urban Trail). For LG Trail and LG Relay 2 or 4, you will also be able to collect your bib on Saturday 21 September between 0:00 am and 1:30 am
- In Saint-Cergue : For LG Half, you can collect your bib Saturday 21 September between 6.30 am and 8 am
- In Chavannes des Bois : For LG Express and LG Walking, you can collect your bib Saturday 21 september from 8:30 am to 10:00 am
The rail connections between Geneva and Lausanne are frequent and will allow you to reach Lausanne quickly and easily before and / or after the race. All trains are direct.
Trains without stops between Geneva and Lausanne every ½ hours during the day (departure at 12 and 42 every hour until 20:42). Journey time : 36 minutes
Direct trains with stops in Nyon and Morges run every half hour until early evening (departure at 00 and 30 every hour until 21:30). Journey time : 42 minutes
Direct trains with frequent stops every ½ hour until midnight (departure at 19 and 49 every hour until 23:39). Journey time: 50 minutes
Departure 5h52 from Nyon – arrival at 6.30 am at Saint-Cergue
Departure 6h22 from Nyon – arrival 6h59 to Saint-Cergue
Departure 6h52 from Nyon – arrival at 7h30 in Saint-Cergue
Find all the timetables of the Nyon – Saint-Cergue – La Cure – line – HERE
You can buy your train tickets 1 month in advance and get discounted tickets (up to 50% off) on certain times if you book online or on the SBB mobile app.
Full fare Geneva – Lausanne : 23 CHF
Find all the information on www.cff.ch
How can I get to the Stade Pierre de Coubertin (Lausanne departure) from the Lausanne train station ?
The bus n ° 1 will take you directly from the Train Station of Lausanne until the stop Maladière (terminus of this line) located at 700 meters of the departure. Schedules are available HERE. The last departure from the train station towards Maladière is at 00h16.
The LG and LG Half and LG Relay 2 give ITRA points needed for qualifying at races like the UTMB®.
LG 120 km = 5 points ITRA
LG Half = 2 points ITRA
LG Relay 2 (1st runner) = 3 points ITRA
LG Relay 2 (2nd runner) = 2 points ITRA
Water reserve, minimum 1 liter
Waterproof jacket with hood *
Headlamp (with battery or spare battery)
Survival blanket (2.20 x 1.40 m)
Adhesive elastic band allowing bandaging or strapping (mini 80cm x 3 cm)
Cell phone in working condition and switched on
Cap or bandana
Identity Document (required by customs administrations)
A minimum of CHF 30 is strongly recommended
Long sleeve warm clothing (cotton excluded)
Long legs trousers or legging (covering the knees)
Find the complete list of mandatory equipment for other races in the rules of engagement LG Trail
The various events of the LG Trail take place in a unique but fragile setting. It is our responsibility to promote, among everyone, the values of the trail : respect for people and the environment, mutual help, solidarity, fair play, humility …
Thus, in order to inform all the people who participate to the LG Trail (runners, partners, volunteers, organizers, local authorities …) and to guide them in their behaviors and actions, we have drawn up the charter of the LG Trail.
By joining the LG Trail community, I pledge to :
Respect the values of trail and sport: mutual aid, solidarity, sharing and conviviality
To become aware that I am evolving in a fragile natural environment.
Respect and preserve the fauna and flora by staying only on the race track, closing the portals behind me, bypassing the herds of animals that I will cross in the Jura
Do not throw any waste on the course
Respect the work of the winemakers, do not touch the tools used for the grape harvest that may be near the vineyards.
Use public transportation and carpooling as much as possible to get to and leave the event
Helping a competitor in a difficult situation